Zone transfers can be lost forever

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Oct 17 11:41:12 UTC 2019

jean-christophe manciot <actionmystique at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, if I increment the serial number (SN) on the primary from
> 2019101614 to 2019101709 and order a retransfer on the secondary with "rndc
> retransfer sdxlive.com", I get in the logs:
> *on the primary*:
>
> (serial 2019101614)

Did you `rndc reload sdxlive.com` on the primary?

If the zone file on the primary can be edited by `named` (dynamic
updates, signing, etc) then you need to `rndc freeze`, edit, `rndc thaw`
instead.

Tony.
Hebrides, Bailey: Southeast backing northeast 4 to 6, occasionally 7 in
Bailey. Rough or very rough, occasionally moderate later in Hebrides. Showers.
Moderate.