CNAME as an alias to a TXT record

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Nov 4 21:04:08 UTC 2019

Am 04.11.19 um 21:38 schrieb Computerisms Corporation:
> Thanks for your response.
>
>> no matter which record type a CNAME will match and that is the simple
>> reason that you can't have A/MX records with the same name
>>
>> MX mail.example-com
>> CNAME mail.example.com
>>
>> TXT whatever.example.com
>> CNAME whatever.example.com
>
> yes, I understand that I can't have them in the same zone (ie in the
> same domain name).  but not trying that here.  I want the CNAME for
> firstdomain.com to point to a TXT record at seconddomain.com

i understand that and that's what i explained you

unless you don't have any conflicting stuff in one of both zones it just
resolves *anything* with the name on the left side with exists on the
right side, no matter what record type

if it don't you have something conflicting called "_acme-challenge" in
one of both zones