Bind9 stops responding for some clients

John W. Blue john.blue at rrcic.com
Fri May 31 01:47:01 UTC 2019

Good job on the amount of troubleshooting work done so far.

Next steps should be to run tcpdump on the interface for port 53 to see what is happening when an outage is in progress.  What you will be looking for specifically is the query packet in and the response packet out.

Use the following command:

tcpdump -n -i eth0 port domain and host 172.24.67.32

Swap out eth0 for whatever you have configured and the host IP address for a host that is having problems.

John

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>