A little baffled by bind 9.14.2 wanting some special python?

Mukund Sivaraman muks at mukund.org
Wed May 29 16:15:58 UTC 2019

From: https://www.isc.org/downloads/software-support-policy/

> BIND 9.11 is an Extended upport version, and will be supported until
> December, 2021

which is more than 2 years from now. Unless you need a feature from 9.12
and above, 9.11 is still a good choice if you were able to build it on
your Solaris platform. ISC maintains its older non-EOL BIND versions
well (and 9.11 is likely more stable too from the years of public's
usage it has got).

+1 on deciding to move from Solaris to a BSD or Linux though. ;)

		Mukund