BIND 9.10 fast only on alias IP

Ict Security ict.security.job at gmail.com
Mon May 20 18:16:47 UTC 2019

Dear Mukund,

thank you for the excellent reply, really.

In fact, it is very strange.
In the same machine, and same Bind daemon, when incoming queries
increase and bottlenecks become visible, is i try to query an alias IP
it respond immediately.

Bind doesn't seem to be the problem but, as you said, something in
networking/socket/stack environments.
Using "netstat -su", i noticed an appreciable number of UDP packet
receive errors:

netstat -su
IcmpMsg:
    InType0: 180
    InType3: 7409507
    InType8: 103791
    InType11: 20541
    OutType0: 103791
    OutType3: 2839671
    OutType8: 185
Udp:
    774530039 packets received
    11779662 packets to unknown port received.
    3602407 packet receive errors
    776247231 packets sent
    3588125 receive buffer errors
    0 send buffer errors
    InCsumErrors: 14279

Do you think they could be related to UDP dropped packets?

I think i have already tuned some parameters (nf_conntrack, rmem_max,
wmem_max, ecc)
and i have totally removed connection tracking using "raw" queue on
local iptables.

How could i increase the number of socket on a single IP address,
since Bind is working perfectly on the secondary address,
when the first one is stucked?

Thank you again, very best regards!
FC