convert Knot DNS sigantures certs to BIND format.

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Mar 28 16:58:25 UTC 2019

Milan Jeskynka Kazatel <KazatelM at seznam.cz> wrote:

> your suggested workflow working for me in most of the cases. Unfortunately,
> it happens that the resigning mechanism creates whitespace in the DNSKEY

That should be benign, provided it is horizontal space without newlines.
For example, BIND creates .key files with spaces in the base64 blob by
default, but when editing the files, it's easier to copy and paste blobs
without spaces.

So I don't think your "file not found" error is to do with white space.

I don't have enough information to know what is causing the error, but one
thing I noticed is that the key ID you mentioned 6786 is only four digits.
In the key file name this needs to be padded to 5 digits, like
Kexample.com.+013+06786.key - if you have already done that then I'm out
of guesses :-)

Tony.
Cromarty: Southwest 5 to 7. Slight or moderate. Occasional rain later. Good,
occasionally moderate later.