allow-update in global options (was Re: bind and certbot with dns-challenge)

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Sun Mar 24 12:56:11 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 03:55:39PM -0400, Bob Harold wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 5:26 PM Grant Taylor via bind-users <
> > As I was reading this, I found myself wondering if there is (I'll go
> > look in a few minutes) an ability to have BIND dump the config it has
> > read in.
>
> I use:
> named-checkconf -p > named.conf.out

This isn't quite the same thing, though - "named-checkconf -p" will read
a named.conf file, check it for syntactic correctness, and prints it back
out in a normalized format with include files expanded. That's useful,
but I think Grant was suggesting having named itself dump its current
configuration state, which would be useful in a whole different way.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.