How to I prevent sending additional data to everybody?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Mar 5 17:34:29 UTC 2019

Hi,

I need some help understanding why the following doesn't work as desired.

I want to 1) allow recursion from subnets defined in myACL, 2) block
recursion from the rest of the world, and 3) not return any additional
data to anybody.

options {
	…
	additional-from-auth no;
	additional-from-cache no;
	allow-recursion { myACL; };
	// recursion no;
	…
};
…
acl myACL {
	192.0.2.0/24;      // Test-Net-1
	198.51.100.0/24;   // Test-Net-2
	203.0.113.0/24;    // Test-Net-3
};

My initial testing shows that BIND 9.10.3-P4-Ubuntu will return
additional data to clients that aren't included in myACL.  However it
will not return additional data for clients that are included in myACL.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die