Help: BIND _ Recursive query

Paul Kosinski bind at iment.com
Mon Mar 4 16:20:54 UTC 2019

We have a BIND server on our LAN which is authoritative for our ".local"
domain and also provides our users with general caching DNS service for
all other domains.

Its "named.conf" file doesn't list any "forwarders" any more, and
"forward-only" is gone, but it still has a leftover "recursion yes"
clause. Am I correct is assuming that this is now useless and can be
removed?

Thanks.