EDNS Client-Subnet

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Fri Mar 1 21:25:56 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 01, 2019 at 03:05:26PM +0200, itay cohen wrote:
> hi guys
> i have bind 9.11.5-P4 (Extended Support Version)
> and i cant find example configuration for resolver EDNS.
>
> did some one managed to make resolver ecs to work ?
>
> please share example configuration

Open source versions of BIND, including 9.11.5-P4, do not support
recursive use of the ECS option.

There is a branch available to ISC support customers that does
(contact via https://www.isc.org/support for more information).

The feature may be included in an open source branch in the future, but so
far we've hesitated out of skepticism that ECS is a good idea that will be
needed very much in the long term - we don't want to have to support it
forever if it fizzles. But we do revisit the conversation periodically.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.