RPZ with Spamhaus

G.W. Haywood bind at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 12:16:36 UTC 2019

Hi there,

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019, Tony Finch wrote:
> Mik J via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:
> >
> > I registered in spamhaus but don't know how to be able to axfr the
> > content of the zone
>
> ... The DROP lists are freely available in plain text so if you are
> handy with bit of programming it isn't too hard to turn them into
> your own RPZ. ...

FWIW: a few years back, as an experiment I used the DROP lists exactly
that way for at least a couple of years.  In the entire time I saw not
a single connection from a listed IP.  My guess was that our upstream
provider (BT, aka British Telecom) were doing their job right and took
it out of service.

--

73,
Ged.