A policy for removing named.conf options.

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Thu Jun 13 19:39:53 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 02:52:34PM -0400, Warren Kumari wrote:
> all sorts of annoyance -- if I'm running low on space for cache, and
> spend much time twiddling the "max-acache-size" knob before
> discovering that someone has simply snipped the wires to it, I'd be
> super-grumpy.

But hopefully in this scenario you're paying attention to log messages,
and would have seen the "obsolete option" warning.

The question is, should your nameserver complain and keep running, or
should it reufse to run? And for "max-acache-size", enh, I'd probably
be okay with it.

But a standard policy that covers all deprecated options would need
to be stricter than "enh".

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.