DiG - Internal error

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jun 11 14:02:52 UTC 2019

LeBlanc, Daniel James <daniel.leblanc at bellaliant.ca> wrote:

> I am performing a dig command from and against localhost and that has
> firewalled access to the Internet but am getting an exit status of 10
> and the following textual error:

dig +trace simulates iterative resolution so it tries to connect to
authoritative servers directly. This isn't going to work if you have
told it to bind the local end of the socket to 127.0.0.1.

> socket.c:4836: connect(192.112.36.4#53) 22/Invalid argument

For instance, observe that 192.112.36.4 is g.root-servers.net.

Tony.
the fundamental values of liberty, equality, and community