Change DNS records automatically when a link is DOWN

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 15:15:50 UTC 2019

Dear people, I have two sites:

- Main site with an Internet link and two BIND services (DNS1 y DNS2) and a
/28 block, and web and mail services supported
- Backup site with a second Internet link and a BIND service (DNS3) and
another /28 block

When the Internet link from main site is DOWN, the web and mail traffic
come through the backup site to main site crossing a L2L. So I need to
change the IP's of the FQDN hosts I have supported in the DNS3 in order to
continue offering services (web and mail). How can I do this automatically?
Is there any way that "something" monitors the main Internet link and in
case it is DOWN automatically order to modify the FQDN records in DNS3 ???

Thanks a lot and regards!!!