What is maximum size BIND can accept in A Record?>

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jun 5 11:07:56 UTC 2019

Blason R <blason16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> As soon as I find the longs URLs with more than 150 words and remove it. It
> start perfectly
>
> Though 150 is I considered and even tried with 200 and it worked. So
> wondering what is the limit?

I infer that you are talking about length of domain names, specifically
owner names.

The maximum length is 254 including the terminating dot. The maximum
length of a label (which is what the components between the dots are
called) is 63 characters.

Tony.
Cromarty, Forth, Tyne: Cyclonic 3 to 5, becoming variable 3 or less. Slight or
moderate. Thundery showers later. Good, occasionally poor.