factor addresses out of 'forwarders' statement

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Jul 18 21:24:46 UTC 2019

I have a number of 'forward' zones defined. Many of them look exactly
the same except for their name. It would be helpful to abstract the
addresses of my forwarders out and name them only once. But I can't find
any way to do this.

An ACL doesn't make sense. A 'masters' list doesn't work.

Is there some way to do this?

alias { 10.10.1.2; 10.10.3.4; 10.10.5.6; }
zone "foo" {type forward; forwarders ( alias;}; };

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska