DNS-FLAG-Day

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jan 28 10:13:52 UTC 2019

On 28.01.19 09:25, MEjaz wrote:
>For the upcoming DNS Flag Day on February 1st, 2019. Is there any impact on
>the user whose using bind name servers.
>

>As per the infoblox DNS service, they  will not be impacted on DNS Flag day.
>So Do I need configure support for EDNS0 standards? In bind if yes how to do
>that.

EDNS0 is compiled and supported in BIND by default.
You only need to check if your settings or firewalls don't block DNS without
EDNS0

you can test your zones on https://ednscomp.isc.org/ednscomp

according to information https://dnsflagday.net/, your client should not be
blocked from sending EDNS queries.

Windows 2000: 640 MB ought to be enough for anybody