Freeze/thaw and signed zone files

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Feb 22 19:28:13 UTC 2019

I did try manually updating vi nsupdate -l

> zone example.com
> update add example.com. 86400 IN SOA      ns1.example.net. admin.example.com. 2019022200 3600 300 1209600 3600
> update add konamicode.example.com. 86400 IN CNAME       www.example.com.
> send
; Communication with ::1#53 failed: timed out
update failed: FORMERR

Why is it defaulting to IPv6? This system is not setup for IPv6. Do I have to setup named.conf to listen on ::1?

Also, confusingly, despite the error the zone WAS updated.

--
There used to be such simple directions, back in the days before they
invented parallel universes - Up and Down, Right and Left, Backward and