No subject

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Feb 20 19:55:24 UTC 2019

On 20.02.19 10:48, Roberto Carna wrote:
>You tell me to do this:
>
>zone "." {
>    type master;
>    file "empty.db";
>};
>
>The root zone Is "type master"  or "type hint" ???
>
>The empty.db is really an empty file with no data at all ???

debian ships db.empty which contains everything an empty zone file needs.

>And where do I have to put my current file:

>recursion yes;

useless as it's the default

>zone "teamviewer.com" {
>    type forward;
>    forwarders { 8.8.8.8; };
>};

anywhere, but your files looks like debian installation, it should go to
db.local.

I think you can specify empty forwarders list and BIND should do the
resolution itself.

>> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 10:29 AM Roberto Carna <robertocarna36 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear Matus and Kevin, please tell me if it's OK if I do thsi:
>> >
>> > named.conf:
>> > include "/etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones";
>> >
>> > named.conf.default-zones:
>> > recursion yes;
>> > zone "teamviewer.com" {
>> >     type forward;
>> >     forwarders { 8.8.8.8; };
>> > };
>> >
>> > named.conf.local:
>> > <empty>

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...