Forward zone inside a view

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Feb 11 13:49:25 UTC 2019

On 11.02.19 10:38, Roberto Carna wrote:
>Dear Mathus, thanks al lot for your help.
>
>>> what is the point of running DNS server with only two hostnames allowed
>>> to resolve?
>
>The point is I have several desktops that must have access only to internal
>domains. The unique exception is they have access to teamviewer.com  in
>order to download the Teamviewer client and a pair of operations in this
>public domain.

if you disable recursion, any client using that server will only have access
to the domains that are configured on that server internally.

That also means they won't be allowed to contact any internal domains,
unless you configure those internal domains on that server.
Also no windows updates, nothing.

>I think if I have setup "recursion = no", if I define a forward zone with
>"type forward" and the corresponding forwarder, this option enable the
>recursion just for this defined zone.

No. Forward zone means recursion. "recursion no" is designed for
authoritative servers, not servers like there.

>In general, my question is how to forward a public domain to a DNS resolver
>like 8.8.8.8 ???

configure it as "type forward" and forwarders to 8.8.8.8. However, BIND can
do resolution well without forwarding. Also, this seems to be just the
opposite wht you describe above.