Forward zone inside a view

Alan Clegg alan at clegg.com
Thu Feb 7 20:00:47 UTC 2019

On 2/7/19 2:30 PM, Roberto Carna wrote:
> Dear, thanks for your contact. I've used teamviewer.com
> <http://teamviewer.com> just for tests.
>
> Desktops I mentioned can only access to web apps from internal domains,
> but in some web apps there are links to download Teamviewer client
> software from Internet. I can create a private zone "teamviewer.com
> <http://teamviewer.com>" with all the hostnames and IP's we will use,
> but if they change I will be in trouble.

Sounds to me like a use for a global block with RPZ and a passthrough
for the domain that needs to be ... uh ... passed through.

And from my experience, this is never going to work because whatever the
"only thing we want to resolve" is, it will rely on something else that
you don't (currently) resolve.

Anyone that has ever tried to block their "smart TV" so that it only
allows certain apps but not others will know exactly what I'm talking about.

AlanC