Forward zone inside a view

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:32:21 UTC 2019

Dear, I have Bind 9.10.3 as our private DNS service with two views, one of
them let some clients to query linux.org domain from Internet forwarding
the query to our Bind resolvers, but the query is refused by our private
Bind.

The private Bind has these main parameters in named.conf.options:

options {
        directory "/var/cache/bind";
        allow-transfer {"none";};

       dnssec-validation auto;
        dnssec-enable yes;
        auth-nxdomain no;
        allow-query { any; };
        recursion no;
        version "none";
};

And this is te relevant part of named.conf.local:

acl internet { 10.0.0.0/24; };

view "INTERNET" {
   match-clients { internet; key "custom";};

zone "linux. <http://teamviewer.com>org" {
        type forward;
        forward only;
        forwarders {
                172.18.1.1;
                172.18.1.2;
        };
};

};

Please can you help me in forward the query for linux.org hostnames from
the private BIND with the views to our resolvers?

Thanks a lot!!!