Options for build configure documented anywhere?

Brett Delmage Brett at BrettDelmage.ca
Mon Dec 23 05:38:01 UTC 2019

I'm building bind-9.15.7 on Ubuntu 18.04, so I can try some of the newest
features.

I have never built bind before. I configured and compiled using the
default options just fine, after installing a few reqiasite libraries. I
was pleasantly suprised.

Next, I would like to build with the same options as the distro default
bind9-9.11.3+dfsg uses as a starting point. So I ran named -V to get the
as-built options, below.

Are the build configure switches for 9.15 documented clearly anywhere?
I've looked all over and cannot find descriptions anywhere to help me
decide which ones I need.

Thank you.

Brett

--build=x86_64-linux-gnu \
--prefix=/usr/local \
--includedir=/usr/local/include \
--mandir=/usr/local/share/man \
--infodir=/usr/local/share/info \
--sysconfdir=/etc/bind915 \
--localstatedir=/var \
--localstatedir=/ \
--disable-silent-rules \
--libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu \
--libexecdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu \
--disable-maintainer-mode \
--disable-dependency-tracking \
--sysconfdir=/etc/bind- \
--with-python=python3 \
--enable-threads \
--enable-largefile \
--with-libtool \
--enable-shared \
--enable-static \
--with-gost=no \
--with-openssl=/usr \
--with-gssapi=/usr \
--with-libjson=/usr \
--without-lmdb \
--with-gnu-ld \
--with-geoip=/usr \
--with-atf=no \
--enable-ipv6 \
--enable-rrl \
--enable-filter-aaaa \
--enable-native-pkcs11 \
--with-pkcs11=/usr/lib/softhsm/libsofthsm2.so \
--with-randomdev=/dev/urandom \
--with-eddsa=no \