dhclient hook not overwritten /etc/resolv.conf

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Dec 19 10:32:00 UTC 2019

Am 19.12.19 um 10:58 schrieb Zhengyu Pan:
> Sorry. I sent wrong mailing group.
> chattr not worked.  It prompted:
> Shutting down inteface eth0: chattr:Operation not permitted while setting flags on /etc/resolv.conf.

the opposite is true

it proves *that* it worked but waht can#t wrk i when you for whatever
reason need or believe to ned the dynamic nameservers

but that don't make sense anyways

having dozens of namservers in /etc/resolv.conf with your wished ones at
the bottom is useless because it won't be questioned at all as long the
first in teh list are responding