catalog zone function

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Dec 10 13:26:35 UTC 2019

Champion Xie <xiejieling at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I use the catalogzone function to automatically add zones, I found
> from the slave server that the zone files are not stored according to the
> custom path, but are stored in the directory defined in options. the
> service is started by chroot

I have

options {
	directory "/home/named/run";
	# etc.
};

view auth {
	catalog-zones {
		zone "catz.arpa.cam.ac.uk"
			zone-directory "../zone";
	};
	# etc.
};

and my zones appear in

/home/named/zone/__catz__auth_catz.arpa.cam.ac.uk_*

and named is chrooted to /home/named/.

Tony.
Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: Southwest 7 to severe gale 9, veering west 6 to
gale 8. Rough or very rough, becoming moderate or rough in Irish Sea,
occasionally high later in southwest Fastnet. Rain then squally showers. Good
occasionally poor.