domain's own a record(s)

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Sep 24 09:43:06 UTC 2018

lejeczek via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:

> client @0x7fd7a40f2e40 127.0.0.1#9489/key nsupdate_key: updating zone
> 'dom.local/IN': update failed: rejected by secure update (REFUSED)
>
> I'm hoping that I can add another A record to dom.local.
> What is the problem here? I must be something obvious, right?

The "rejected by secure update" error message means that the
`update-policy` checks didn't pass, so you need to examine the zone's
configuration and double-check that your TSIG update key is granted the
right privileges.

Tony.
Humber, Thames: Northwesterly, 6 or 7 at first in east, otherwise 4 or 5, then
decreasing 3 later. Rough at first in northeast Humber, otherwise slight or
moderate. Showers, becoming fair later. Good.