how to dynamically change/update (own private) domain record

Crist Clark cjc+bind-users at pumpky.net
Sun Sep 23 14:45:30 UTC 2018

Not exactly sure what you are doning since we don’t see what records you’re
trying to add, but it sounds like you are “attempting to add a CNAME
alongside a non-CNAME” which doesn’t make sense and will fail.

A CNAME means "use the records for this other name whenever this name is
queried.” It doesn’t make sense to have any other records[*] for a domain
name once you use a CNAME with it.

[*] DNSSEC and possibly some other “hidden” records excepted.