Operational Notification: Some releases of BIND are too strict when handling referrals containing non-empty answer sections

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Sep 20 10:28:46 UTC 2018

G.W. Haywood via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2018, Michael McNally wrote:
>
> >   ... code refactoring ...
>
> That phrase always sends shudders through my corpus.

I recommend having a read through query_find() from before 9.12. Be
warned it'll take a while, because the function is 2500 lines long.

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/blob/v9_11/bin/named/query.c#L6700

Tony.
Trafalgar: Southwesterly 4 or 5 in northwest, otherwise northerly 5 or 6.
Moderate or rough. Fog patches in east. Moderate or good, occasionally very
poor in east.