Frequent timeout

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:11:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

> >> tcpdump -s0 -n -i eth0 port domain -w /tmp/domaincapture.pcap
> >>
> >> You don't need all of the extra stuff because -s0 captures the full packet.
>
> On 06.09.18 18:42, Alex wrote:
> >This is the command I ran to produce the pcap file I sent:
> >
> ># tcpdump -s0 -vv -i eth0 -nn -w domain-capture-eth0-090518.pcap udp
> >dst port domain
>
> and that is the problem. "dst port domain" captures packets going to DNS
> servers, not responses coming back.
>
> "-vv" and "-nn" are useless when producing packet capture and "-s0" is
> default for some time. I often add "-U" so file is flushed wich each packet.
>
> you can strip incoming queries by using filter
>
> "(src host 68.195.XXX.45 and dst port domain) or (src port domain and dst host 68.195.XXX.45)"

I've generated a new tcpdump file using these criteria and uploaded it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F0VML8yPZJbcDZTys2hXDhjzv1UaBHuV/view?usp=sharing

The SERVFAIL errors didn't really occur over the weekend. I believe it
has something to do with mail volume, link congestion/bandwidth
utilization.

Thanks,
Alex