[BIND] RE: KSK Rollover

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Sep 7 16:46:18 UTC 2018

Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:

> I kinda also wonder why the command simply doesn't output to stdout by
> default.

Historical reasons :-) BIND 9.11 and later have `rndc managed-keys` which
is rather more user-friendly. I get the impression that the root rollover
guides are using `rndc secroots` because that works in all the versions
that support RFC 5011 so it ends up being simpler to explain.

Tony.
Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: Northwest backing southwest 4 or 5, increasing 6 at
times. Moderate throughout in southwest Fastnet, but elsewhere slight or
moderate. Rain later. Good, occasionally poor later.