Understanding TTL in "rndc dumpdb"-output

Tom tomtux007 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 04:34:11 UTC 2018

Hi Michal
Thank you for this feedback.

I've checked the serve-stale status, which is currently off.
# rndc serve-stale status
_default: off (stale-answer-ttl=1 max-stale-ttl=604800)
_bind: off (stale-answer-ttl=1 max-stale-ttl=604800)

Is this a normal behavior, that in the "rndc dumpdb" nevertheless the
TTL in the form of "serve-stale" is shown (even if the
serve-stale-status = off)?

Thank you.
Tom