odd failures from 9.12.2-P2

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Fri Oct 19 03:38:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 07:21:49PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> I:System test result summary:
> I:   7 FAIL
> I:  69 PASS
> I:   4 SKIPPED
> I:  12 UNTESTED
> I:The following system tests failed:
> I:      autosign
> I:      catz
> I:      dnssec
> I:      filter-aaaa
> I:      legacy
> I:      mkeys
> I:      staticstub
>
> This is on Solaris 10 sparc and using the Oracle Studio 12.6 tools as
>   well as OpenSSL 1.1.1 which passes all tests.
>
> Is there a way to dig out more information from these failures?

Yes, the full output from all of the system tests will be in
bin/tests/system/systests.output, and you can look for messages that
say "I:autosign:failed" (or whatever) to find out which bits didn't
work.

Each of the failing system tests should also have its directory full of
files that were created during the test -- they would have been deleted
if it had passed but should still be there now -- which can also be
used to work out what went wrong.

If you want to just tar up bin/tests/system and send it to me, I'd be
happy to take a look.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.