unable to resolve evisa.dgdi.ga FQDN

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Oct 9 10:07:51 UTC 2018

On 09.10.18 10:21, Kuo Loon Pang via bind-users wrote:
>Recently, using caching DNS (named 9.9.4) unable to resolve any *.ga
>domain. Able to resolve any domain without any issue. named.ca version
>update is   September 11, 2018

have you tried online dns checkers?

>Below is dig result using google DNS and own cache DNS.

>[root at localhost ~]# dig evisa.dgdi.ga @127.0.0.1
>; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-61.el7_5.1 <<>> evisa.dgdi.ga @127.0.0.1
>;; global options: +cmd
>;; Got answer:
>;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 53018
>;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
>
>;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
>; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
>;; QUESTION SECTION:
>;evisa.dgdi.ga.                 IN      A
>
>;; Query time: 0 msec
>;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
>;; WHEN: Tue Oct 09 10:16:00 +08 2018
>;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 42
>
>How to resolve domain *.ga? Kindly advise.

I can't domment ANY *.ga domain, but this one has problems:

dgdi.ga.                86400   IN      NS      ns3.francedns.com.
dgdi.ga.                86400   IN      NS      ns2.francedns.com.
dgdi.ga.                86400   IN      NS      ns1.francedns.com.

ns2.francedns.com and ns3.francedns.com return SERVFAIL.

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.