Forward type "only" no longer working (possibly a regression)?

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Mon Oct 1 19:33:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am 01.10.18 um 21:10 schrieb Karol Babioch:
> Do you have any suggestion / recommendation what I can do to narrow the
> problem down? I already tried to increase the tracing and enabled query
> logging, but I couldn't get to the bottom of things. What else can I do
> here?

as an additional data point, this is what I get with debugging (level 9):

> 01-Oct-2018 21:25:52.976 query-errors: debug 1: client @0x7f89401d4c10 10.24.0.1#51206 (mail.babioch.de): view internal: query failed (SERVFAIL) for mail.babioch.de/IN/A at query.c:10672
> 01-Oct-2018 21:25:52.976 query-errors: debug 2: fetch completed at resolver.c:9094 for mail.babioch.de/A in 0.030641: SERVFAIL/success [domain:babioch.de,referral:2,restart:0,qrysent:0,timeout:0,lame:0,quota:0,neterr:0,badresp:0,adberr:0,findfail:0,valfail:0,qminsteps:2]

I really don't get it, the fetch completes just fine according to this
(SERVFAIL/success). Also the querylog does not indicate what the issue is:

> Okt 01 21:30:53 kvm1.babioch.de named[17380]: client @0x7f15e8056140 10.24.0.1#58354 (mail.babioch.de): view internal: query: mail.babioch.de IN A +E(0)K (10.24.0.1)
> Okt 01 21:30:53 kvm1.babioch.de named[17380]: client @0x7f15e8056140 10.24.0.1#58354 (mail.babioch.de): view internal: query failed (SERVFAIL) for mail.babioch.de/IN/A at query.c:10672

Can one of you BIND gurus see what's wrong here? What else can/should I
try. I'm pretty much out of ideas for now.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Karol Babioch