I need you help to separate the DNSSEC validation process

Fatemah Alharbi falha008 at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 19 21:11:32 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I need to setup my lab network to have my recursive DNS server (which runs bind v9.9.5) to be able to make partial DNSSEC validation where the client should be able to make the other half of the validation process. In particular, I need the DNS resolver to be able to validate the root and TLD and the client to validate the final answer coming from the authoritative name server. I downloaded the source code of Bind v9.3.12 but I am completely lost; I don’t know which file I should refer to for startup. I think I need to do simple modifications to the code but I don’t know which part? I would highly appreciate it if one could help me in this matter.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Fatemah Alharbi