My domain name name not propagating through the Internet.

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Sat May 26 16:58:03 UTC 2018

On 05/26/2018 12:44 PM, Thomas Strike wrote:
> I have been fighting a problem of setting up a new Bind9.9 primary...

If I dig for your name server via google I get told not much :

$ dig ns1.sleepyvalley.net @8.8.8.8

; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-51.el7_4.2 <<>> ns1.sleepyvalley.net @8.8.8.8
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 3448
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ns1.sleepyvalley.net.          IN      A

;; Query time: 3172 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Sat May 26 17:53:24 BST 2018
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 49

Are you sure the name server is registered ?

$ dig ns1.sleepyvalley.net @my_primary_dns_ip +trace

.
.
.

dig: couldn't get address for 'ns1.sleepyvalley.net': no more

Looks like no such dns server exists.

Dennis