Intermittent "failure trying master... operation canceled" on zone refresh

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri May 18 13:31:10 UTC 2018

Rob Moser <Rob.Moser at nau.edu> wrote:

> Which a little digging shows me is often the result of network
> connectivity problems, firewall misconfigurations, etc.  But in our case
> the failures are intermittent (but frequent; roughly 40% of our zone
> refreshes seem to end this way.)

Have you made sure there is no connection tracking / stateful packet
filtering configured on port 53?

Tony.
Southeast Iceland: Westerly 6 to gale 8, backing southerly ot southeasterly 5
to 7, perhaps gale 8 later. Rough occasionally very rough. Showers, rain
later. Moderate or good, becoming poor later.