error reading private key file, ddns_update update failed not found

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 22:32:16 UTC 2018

On Fri, March 30, 2018 4:57 pm, Ryan McGuire wrote:

> Mar 29 15:50:39 bind named[99]: dns_dnssec_findzonekeys2: error > reading
private key file mcguire.local/RSASHA256/43356: file not > > found
> Mar 29 15:50:39 bind named[99]: dns_dnssec_findzonekeys2: error > reading
private key file mcguire.local/RSASHA256/43345: file not >found

Recent experience has been that the 'key file not found' problem an result
from
replacing the key files in the key directory.

When the zone is signed, bind retains the key files which existed at that
time
by including them in the signed zone files.

There may be a better way to fix this, but I found it necessary to re-sign
the zone
after removing the existing signed zones files:

As in:  rm domain.zone.* then resign the zone.

In the process of Googling for a solution to this problem for days I found
only one
more 'sophisticated' approach to this problem.

This is probably not the best way to do this, but it gets the server up and
running
again in a few minutes.

Maybe someone will followup to this 'solution' with the correct way and it
may be
you didn't make the mistake I did and re-generate the keys.

thanks
-kim