DNS Server sizing guide?

Blason R blason16 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 02:31:25 UTC 2018

Agree!!

Right now I have around 270000 zones added in DNS but that is with direct
zones NO RPZ. And my config is 4 vCPU 8Gb RAM its running well and around
700 users

The only concern thing for me is I may need to re-write all my scripts to
load those zones in RPZ format hence wondering if RPZ can really help me in
boosting performance of my server and how much?

Because if you see with my current config I may be running 40% of the
resources;  with RPZ if I am achieving 30-35% then re-writing complete
stuff for that 5% does not entice me. If the difference is noticeable lets
say 20% then probably I can start of with that.

Hence wanted to know from community if they have ever tried such thing
before? and if so would really appreciate if they can share their
observations.