baby steps...

Adam Hardy adam.hardy at cyberspaceroad.com
Wed Mar 21 22:52:06 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I set up my SOHO server to be a router/gateway to the net, firewall, DHCP
server, DNS server and backup server for my lan.

I set up bind9 and isc-dhcp to support DDNS, but I am struggling to get hostname
resolution working on the  server for the lan clients.

The server has two NICs - one for lan on 192.168.0.3, and one that obtains its
public IP address via pppoe from the broadband provider (which shouldn't be
serving DNS outwards but needs configuring not to).

I'd be grateful for any help.

Regards
Adam