are journal files required on slave?

Wed Mar 14 12:52:06 UTC 2018

Am 14.03.2018 um 13:38 schrieb Tony Finch:

>> Thanks for the detailed answer. So I will use a few MBytes. But would it
>> be possible to set max-journal-size=0?
>
> There's a minimum journal size (the calculation in the code comes to about
> 1KB I think), so if you set max-journal-size to 0 (or any other tiny
> value) it is rounded up to the minimum.

I have now set
        max-journal-size 50M;
and restartet bind a few times. But the journal files are still GBytes.
When should Bind flush the journal into the zone file?

Also, next to the zone and journal files I do have left-over tmp files
in the style of:
-rw-r--r-- 1 bind bind 1.2G Mar 12 08:29 tmp-36Do9oUZgU
-rw-r--r-- 1 bind bind 1.2G Mar 14 12:22 tmp-6g1o7nm7lT

Is it save to delete them?

Thanks
Klaus