Suggestions for a distributed DNS zone hosting solution I'm designing

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 9 12:48:34 UTC 2018

On 08.03.18 12:52, Tony Finch wrote:
>Best way to achieve this is with anycast, which can be pretty
>time-consuming to set up - try searching for Nat Morris's presentation
>"anycast on a shoestring" which he gave at several NOG meetings.
>The advantage of anycast (as opposed to having NS records in lots of
>locations) is that you are depending less on resolvers to work out for
>themselves which of your servers is fastest.

I consider anycast a good solution when providing recursive DNS as an ISP.
I am not sure if it's good idea for authoritative servers, unless you of
course have your own routed IP range and of course multiple POPs over the
world.

...some registries require nameserver IPs in different IP ranges, so they could
refise register domains to your anycast servers.

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod