What if the link is failed between master/slave

wbrown at e1b.org wbrown at e1b.org
Fri Jun 29 17:00:03 UTC 2018

--
William Brown
Messaging Team
Technology Services, WNYRIC, Erie 1 BOCES
(716) 821-7285

"bind-users" <bind-users-bounces at lists.isc.org> wrote on 06/29/2018
12:53:07 PM:

> From: "Blason R" <blason16 at gmail.com>

> I have bind Master server with me and slave is at other remote
> location. My query is since I have opted for PUSH update from master
> to slave over random port.
>
> What if the link at slave is down and NOTFY message is not reached?
> When will slave then pull the update?

Yes, according to the refresh interval in the SOA record.  The pertinent
values are REFRESH, RETRY and EXPIRE.  See section 3.3.13 of RFC1035
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1035#page-19

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.