Stopping name server abuse

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Wed Jun 27 21:42:06 UTC 2018

IANAL, but even if one considers this scenario to constitute a DDoS attack, and there is plenty of case law supporting prosecution under CFAA (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act) for DDoS attacks, CFAA generally requires *intent*, and this appears to be simple negligence.

"Trespass to chattel" might be another possibility, but only as a civil (not criminal) complaint. And one would have to prove damages, which might be difficult to assess, or simply _de_minimis_.

													- Kevin