DNS can be a subdomain

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:20:44 UTC 2018

Spammers on the bind list? Lol

@Reindl Harald
Thanks for the answer!! I'll take a look!

@John Miller
compay.intra is a example domain. :)
In our institution we have a valid domain and we belong to an educational
institution group. The institution is company.intra and that will provision
a samba4 ADDC as the primary domain. This domain will be a subdomain of
company.intra, something like, hq.company.intra, as it is the orientation
of the samba development team. We will be a DC member of this "hq" domain.

For this reason, I thought of using a subdomain as external dns, since the
samba needs to be authoritative on its own dns.

Our DC would be "str.hq.company.intra" and our dns
"ns1.named.hq.company.intra". Maybe we use glue records, as Reindl Harald
commented.

--
Elias Pereira