My IXFR/AXFR stopped suddenly

Blason R blason16 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 06:17:46 UTC 2018

OK - It seems there is a lot of confusion on setup as I didnt give the
entire config.

Here is my entire config

*Master config*
zone "block.now" {
        type master;
        file "/var/lib/bind/zones/block.now.db";
        notify explicit;
        also-notify {
         2.2.2.2 port 15455;
        };
        allow-transfer {
         2.2.2.2;
        };

*Slave Config*
zone "block.now" {
        type slave;
        file "/var/lib/bind/zones/block.now.db";
        masters { 3.3.3.3; };
        allow-transfer { none; };
        allow-query { localhost;};
        allow-notify { 3.3.3.3; };
        };

*/etc/bind/named.conf.options*
options {
        version "custombind";
        allow-query     { localhost;subnets; };
        directory "/var/cache/bind";
        recursion yes;
        querylog yes;
        forwarders {
                1.1.1.1;9.9.9.9;208.67.222.222;8.8.8.8;
         };
//      dnssec-validation auto;
        request-ixfr yes;
        auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
//      listen-on-v6 { any; };
        listen-on port 53 { any; };
        listen-on port 15455 {any;};
        response-policy { zone "whitelist.allow" policy passthru;
                        zone "block.now";  };
};

 @ Matus UHLAR - fantomas - Yes that is the basic stuff.
One clue I see here is whenever I do rndc reload there are no logs
generated in xfer-out.log however on slave notify logs are seen.
Even after zone refresh time it always shows 1 record transferred in fact
some time I even add added or deleted more than 1 records. Hence finally I
deleted the file from slave
and restarted the daemon and it done the trick.