nested CNAMEs resolution failures?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Jan 29 16:59:10 UTC 2018

Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk> wrote:
> On 29.01.18 15:08, Tony Finch wrote:
> > Yes, there's a bootstrapping problem here ... possibly the easiest way to
> > avoid depending on a server that sends cookies when reconfiguring it not
> > to send cookies, is to point the script at 8.8.8.8. In my setup the script
> > runs in a dev environment generating a static file that is deployed to
> > production, but it's effectively the same trick of making the script use a
> > different DNS server.
>
> this way you just delegate your problem at 3rd-party (although google)
> servers.

No, it's just an occasional query for the purpose of reconfiguring your
server. If you don't have an independent dev environment, you could
alternatively configure your server with cookies off globally, run the
script, then reconfigure it with just the selective nocookie bad list.

Tony.
Hebrides, Bailey: West, backing southwest, 6 to gale 8. Rough or very rough.
Rain or showers. Good, occasionally moderate.