nested CNAMEs resolution failures?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Jan 29 15:08:23 UTC 2018

PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can these response timeouts be accommodated directly in the script?  Or
> only by, perhaps, increasing the global query timeouts from default 10
> sec?

Yes, there's a bootstrapping problem here ... possibly the easiest way to
avoid depending on a server that sends cookies when reconfiguring it not
to send cookies, is to point the script at 8.8.8.8. In my setup the script
runs in a dev environment generating a static file that is deployed to
production, but it's effectively the same trick of making the script use a
different DNS server.

Tony.
Fair Isle, Faeroes, Southeast Iceland: Northwesterly 6 to gale 8, backing
southwesterly, then becoming cyclonic later in Southeast Iceland, 5 to 7.
Rough or very rough. Rain or showers. Good, occasionally moderate.