response-rate-limiting - "window" explained?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Jan 5 18:27:11 UTC 2018

Tom <tomtux007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could someone explain the problem here? Why do I never have to wait longer
> than about 5s until I'm able to query the nameserver from the unique client
> with the same query again?

The 60s is the delay after a client has stopped making queries when the
information about that client can be forgotten. RRL logs "stop limiting"
at that point which is a bit misleading.

Tony.
Northwest Fitzroy, Sole: Northwesterly, veering northerly or northeasterly, 6
to gale 8. Very rough occasionally high. Thundery showers. Good occasionally
poor.