Question abut reserv zone

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Feb 12 23:19:14 UTC 2018

In this example since the address is the same I would just pick
one name (the name the machine knows itself as) and use that name for the
PTR record.

I would also use DNS UPDATE to update the reverse zones rather than
editing master files.  You can delegate update authority down to the
<name,type> tuple level with DNS UPDATE.  Then it doesn’t matter which
machines are holding master files for the reverse zones.

Mark